I have uploaded a new build of P-600-G VST3 which makes some cosmetic changes to the Randomize Program Settings dialog: unlocked controls are now tinted red and I eliminated the “open lock” icons so that the parameter values are not obscured as they change. Apart from that, functionality is the same. Get the new version on the P-600-G VST3 page.
As a use-test of the P-600-G VST3 plugin, I created this cover of “Betrayed in the Octagon” by Oneohtrix Point Never. It uses only sounds generated by the Prophet-600 analog synthesizer enhanced by various effects boxes and plugins. In this video, I scroll through the Reaper project to reveal the various audio and MIDI tracks that were used to recreate the song, and at the end the P-600-G program settings for each voice are displayed.
Check out the P-600-G page to download the plugin and get more information!
I am at work on another editor/librarian VST3 plugin, this time for use with the Sequential Circuits Prophet-600 analog synthesizer from 1982. It’s a relatively simple instrument, so I expect to have it done within the next month or so. I am also planning to add parameter randomization functionality to this plugin, and I will probably update MophoGUI and Matrix-6G to include it as well.
As a use-test of the Matrix-6G VST3 plugin, I created this cover of “Vitamin C” by Edgar Froese, from the soundtrack to “Kamikaze 1989” (1982). It uses only sounds generated by the Matrix-6R rack-mount analog synthesizer module plus various effects boxes and plugins (compression, reverb, delay, phasing). In this video, I scroll through the Reaper project to reveal the various audio and MIDI tracks that were used to create the song, and also display the Matrix-6G patch settings used to create each voice.
Check out the Matrix-6G page to download the plugin and get more information!
Check out the MophoGUI page to download the plugin and get more information!
I have just completed coding for the MASTER options window, where you can edit MIDI, vibrato, and miscellaneous settings. I also included a Patch Map editor window where you can customize the selection of patches via MIDI program change messages. There are still a couple of features to implement (undo/redo and saving/restoring), but completion of this plugin is in sight!
I have just completed coding the SPLITS editor window. A “split” lets you define two keyboard zones with distinct patch voices assigned to them, allowing you to play two different patches with a single keyboard controller. It is also possible to overlap the two zones, creating even more sound possibilities.
I have completed coding for the PATCHES window, which holds eleven banks of “factory” sound presets, plus two banks where the user can store custom sounds. Each bank holds 100 patches. I also added a PULL button to the main window, which allows the user to quickly import patch settings from one of the hardware’s storage slots and apply them to the GUI.